American English Pronunciation & Accent Reduction Course is designed for those non-native speakers who have good English reading and writing ability, but who need to improve their speaking skills to avoid frustrating experiences where communication breaks down because of problems with their English pronunciation.
There are dozens of dialects spoken in the United States. We will teach you Standard American English. It is spoken by approximately 50% of the population in this country, and is one most commonly heard on TV and radio.
This course will develop your awareness of American English pronunciation.
You will learn:
- how to produce sounds (vowels, consonants and consonant clusters) using correct tongue, jaw and lip positions and tongue tension;
- connected speech (links between words, weak and strong forms of grammar words; leaving out sounds);
- syllables, word stress and stress in phrases;
American English Pronunciation & Accent Reduction course is offered as a private courses with a minimum of 10 one-to-one lessons. 1 lesson = 45 minutes. 1 study session = 2 lessons. The tuition fee is $45.00 per lesson.
We also offer Online One-to-One Accent Reduction courses. You will have online video lessons given by our skilled teachers. One-to-one lessons are completely tailor made and therefore will follow a syllabus that reflects your needs and wants.
Lesson times are by arrangement so you can study at a time that fits with your schedule.
Online Course Requirements:
Lessons are taken online and you will need the following to particpate:
- Headset with microphone
- Minimum 1 mbps bandwidth (2 mbps recommended)
- The latest version of Skype. Please visit the Skype website for the latest information: Register Now!